INGREDIENTS FOR 6-8 LARGE WRAPS:
500g minced turkey(or chicken or lean lamb)
I-2 tsp curry spices (cumin, chilli, etc) or herbs - whatever you like
1-5 garlic clove(s), crushed (optional)
2 red onions, finely sliced, or several spring onions
5-10 mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 small courgettes, sliced into batons
100g pak choi, or white cabbage, beansprouts, etc, thinly sliced
6-8 wraps or pitta breads
EXTRAS TO SERVE WITH THE WRAPS:
100g low-fat natural yogurt
Green salad, chopped tomatoes etc
Chilli sauce etc
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan and spray with low-fat spray or a very little oil; add the minced turkey and stir fry until coloured, tip into a sieve to strain off any extra fat (or tip into a bowl lined with kitchen roll).
- Wipe out the pan and spray again with low-fat spray or a very little oil; add onions, seasonings (spices, herbs, garlic), mushrooms and courgettes – stir-fry till soft.
- Add the cooked mince and stir until mixed in and thoroughly heated.
- Add the sliced green veg, red pepper and stir till well mixed.
- Divide the mixture between the wraps/pittas and serve - good with a tossed mixed salad and yoghurt and extra chilli sauce.
(Contributed by Jen Smith)