This is delicious and simple – it’s from my nephew who made it in school. We use a combination of wholemeal and white flours so that it is more chewy and filling. Molasses sugar gives a richer flavour.
It’s yummy with stewed fruit and/or a dollop of yoghurt, as dessert.
2 soft bananas
1 cup (125g) sugar
Pinch of salt
2 cups (250g) flour – half wholemeal
1 tsp soda bic
1 tsp baking powder
• Mash the bananas.
• Beat the bananas and sugar together
• Add the salt and egg and beat.
• Sift the dry ingredients together and add gradually to the egg and banana mixture.
• Pour into greased loaf tin and bake slowly at 350 deg F/ 175 deg C.
• Check after 45 mins by inserting a skewer – but may need 1 hour.
Add a Comment